Thursday, November 22, 2012

My personal tracker

Good morning!

It feels so good getting out to the gym. My favourite part- other than the goal of losing weight?

An hour all to myself. No kids. Just my music, an adult tv program (while I ride the stationary bike), and keeping my sanity intact. It's fabulous. I covet it!

My friend told me about a really great iPhone app- my fitness tracker. Enter all the food you eat in a day, and it calculates the calories you take in, enter what kind if exercise you've done and it deducts from your calorie intake, and at the end of the day, it calculates how much weight you could lose in a months' time.

I really like keeping track of what I'm eating. It's a terrific visual resource for me- its keeping me conscious of what I'm I'm putting in my mouth.

Which has made me wonder what the ratio of caloric intake vs. calories burned should be. Does that make sense? Should the calories I burn be greater than what I eat or should it be equal to or does it even matter?

I'm still trying to work out some kind of schedule. It's too expensive to bring the kids to the gym 5 days a week, though its still cheaper than finding a sitter. I'm hoping the neighbour boys will commit to a couple afternoons/evenings per week, then I'll alternate days and evenings. It'll also help out in the home maintenance area of my life. It's taken a back seat because we go at such a crazy time of day (10:30). My whole day seems shot after coming home from the gym.

Hmm...

Anywho. Just wanted to check in.

Make it a good one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment